Author Topic: Skyscraper - 2007  (Read 18499 times)

slipperyskip

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jeffrey Stephenson Design
Re: Skyscraper - 2007
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2014, 06:49:27 AM »
Hmmm...toys.

This is a VIA CN10000EG motherboard with a fanless 1GHz C7 processor.  The single memory slot is filled with a 1GB stick of Crucial DDR2 533.

The power supply is the bitchin' 120W picoPSU from mini-box.com.  Also from mini-box is the CF IDE adapter with a 2GB Crucial compact flash card.

Not a powerful system but it is dead silent.  The motherboard has a composite TV-out port on the back panel that will mate up to my screen.

New equipment mounted onto the backplate.

The backplate is birch plywood painted with industrial aluminum paint.  It is not real aluminum, as written elsewhere, but I will take that as a compliment.  Goal achieved.

Glamour shot - backside - other angle.

The I/O panel is exposed by tilting the piece onto its back.  The composite TV-out plug is connected.

Final front pics coming soon.  Photographing the display in action will be a trick.  From my appearances in magazines I've learned that professional photographers will commonly cheat in this area.  They have me do a screen capture of my desktop and then photochop it in.  I don't possess those skills so....we'll see.  Good thing digital film is free. :hehe:
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 09:13:25 AM by slipperyskip »

slipperyskip

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jeffrey Stephenson Design
Re: Skyscraper - 2007
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2014, 06:50:20 AM »
Complete! 

Finished it up with a coat of Johnson's Paste Wax.  Good stuff.

Sunset at Stonington, Connecticut.

Cheating....old school style.

Thank you everyone for looking and commenting.  It has been fun.

Cheers!