Author Topic: Project Addison - 2014  (Read 57968 times)

slipperyskip

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jeffrey Stephenson Design
Re: Project Addison - 2014
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2014, 01:55:00 PM »

Addison is inspired by a Canadian radio design from the 1940s. It has a water-cooled Intel Core i7-4770K CPU running at 4.3GHz and a factory overclocked version of the Nvidia GTX970 video card.

A Gigabyte GA-Z97N-WIFI mini-ITX motherboard mated to a Gigabyte GV-N970IXOC-4GD mini-ITX GTX970 video card. A single HyperX 480GB SSD is the only system drive. The 450W Silverstone SFX power supply is fully modular with custom length cables.

The enclosure is mahogany crotch with aluminum trim. It has a capacity of 10.6 liters.

Left and right vent holes to service the power supply and graphics card.

Coca-cola can size comparison technology is flawed because of the trademark display. An alternative is the common DVD or CD.

Or for the more traditional.

The raw wood edges mate with similar raw wood surfaces in the decorative cover. Any kind of paint or finish on physical contact surfaces tends to not work as smoothly as these waxed raw wood surfaces.

An original 1940 Addison Model 2 Radio

Specs:
Intel Core i7-4770K CPU
Gigabyte Z97N-WiFi Mini-ITX Motherboard
Gigabyte GTX970 Video Card
HyperX Fury 8GB System Memory
HyperX 480GB SSD
Silverstone 450W Modular SFX Power Supply
All-In-One Generic 120mm water cooling system

Big thanks to my friends at....

« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 12:06:14 PM by slipperyskip »

slipperyskip

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jeffrey Stephenson Design
Re: Project Addison - 2014
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2014, 09:14:28 AM »
Been playing the fool out of Far Cry 4 on Ultra settings. Temps are reasonable but I want to redo the TIM. I'm using 10 year old Arctic Silver that I'm pretty sure expired 5 years ago. It's quieter with the cover off because of air flow through the mesh but having the cover off doesn't affect the temps at all.

Who said the cover was purely decorative? Can you imagine the damage done if that leaf had gotten through the grille? :D:D The "leaf" incident happened while I was setting up the video below. The leaf wasn't a setup, it just landed there.

http://youtu.be/He7-Eq5JlS4

Thanks to all who played along. It's been fun.  :)